Almost a fire?

Yesterday Lilah and Eden’s dance classes were cancelled for the week. With it being Thanksgiving this Thursday and past experiences, dance class is pretty small, so she had us take the week off and we’ll go one extra week past the schedule.

So with no class we decided to do a Costco run for my MIL. Lilah wanted to eat lunch at Costco, but I said no, so she asked if we could eat pizza at grandma’s house. (I was buying mini pizza’s for them.) So we had a lazy afternoon at the Blake’s house. The girls sat on the couch eating lunch and watching Bambi with Grandpa.

Jon had taken Eden over on Sunday night to help move the computer, and Grandma let Eden choose a VHS to take home, Bambi, but our VCR is broken, so we couldn’t watch it. When I told my in-laws why we had to return the video so soon and that some day we plan on buying a DVD VCR combo due to too many plugs,  my mother-in-law later emerged with a DVD VCR combo. She had bought it for Dara or Jason when they were moving into their group homes, and they ended up not needing it, and my in-laws don’t need it, so she gave it to us and we’re calling it an early Christmas present.

After enjoying a nice afternoon we headed home. I went to go use our bathroom only to have the light burned out and a funny smell in the room. I instant messaged Jon and since we use compact florescent he said I should turn on the bathroom fan and open the back door in our room to air it out.

Later that night when Jon came home and got around to changing the bulb he noticed the bulb had a burn mark and our breaker had been tripped.

We’re not sure what happened. I think I left the light on when I left that morning, but I’m not sure since I try to turn off all lights when I leave. I didn’t see any sparks when I tried to turn the light on so I imagine it happened while we were gone.

Either way I’m glad no real damaged happened and that we had no real fire, though we’re not positive it could have caused a fire, it’s still scary to have a burnt light bulb, a tripped breaker, and a stinky house.

2 Responses to “Almost a fire?”

  1. Bethany (North) Blackham Says:

    Wow! Didn’t think that would happen, glad it wasn’t worse!

  2. Nice Niece Says:

    Oh, i love Bambi! And that’s weird about the light…we have ones just like that. I guess I better keep an eye on them.