Whoever said TGIF didn’t have allergies on my Friday.

After being outside on Thursday I got killer allergies. I’m still suffering, which is normal, but Friday was a blur.

Friday started early. I awoke at 6:30 am to get showered and ready to take Jon to work. A friend from high school was getting married and I wanted to attend the sealing.
We took Jon to work and then had breakfast once at home. I got the girls dressed and put on my Sunday best then drove and dropped the girls off at Sam’s house.
I got to the temple just after 9:30 for the 10 am sealing. It was a beautiful sealing. Hearing the promises that I may no longer have hope for saddened me but it made me happy to know that if I’m faithful everything will work out. I find that I’m more cynical when I hear certain promises, I have more of a ‘yeah right’ approach to everything than optimistic and hopeful, though I am usually able to overcome the negative thoughts.
I went to my house to change before I got the girls. The plan was to go straight to my parents house but instead we decided to stay and have a picnic with Britta and Sam. Sam made sandwiches while I went home and grabbed juice boxes and some apples to share with them. Then we met at the park and ate and played for about an hour and a half. I then went back home to get the boxes I forgot for my sister before I headed off to Henderson to met my mom at JoAnn’s. She got there late. 1:50. I left my girls with her and went a hop skip and a jump to our jewelers to drop off my engagement ring. (One of the prongs had been knocked and moved.) I then returned to JoAnn’s at 2:10, or 10 minutes into my mom’s shift. Luckily she mostly just sits there at the viking center part of the store and the other woman she works with/for thought my kids were cute.
I then shopped for a few things and packed up everyone to go. I was so tired at this point. I kept calling Jon to see if I could pick him up early, at 3:30 instead of 5 On account that his wife was exhausted and didn’t want to pick him up later or drive anymore. He was in some training so he didn’t call me until later.

I was close to home, which took my about 30 minutes longer than normal thanks to traffic, and my friend Anna called. She asked me how everything went that morning and I could honestly not remember. I was so tired and allergies were bothering me so much that I forgot all about the sealing. I regained my memory and Jon called on the other line. I changed over to talk to him and even though I was only five minutes from my house I decided to drive and get Jon early rather than go home take the girls out for a 40 minute nap to get them back in the car to get Jon at 5. I wanted to just get him and be done with the car for a couple of hours.
Thankfully he agreed to get off early for me. We picked him up at 4 and drove to Baja Fresh for some dinner. (I’ve been craving Baja.) We got home around 5 because of traffic and ate. I saw an old friend of Jon’s at the sealing and she insisted that I bring him to the reception. ( I was thinking of going alone, just so I wouldn’t have to deal with silly girls.) So after dinner we all went to the reception. Luckily we did see the friend and had a pretty good time except the fact the Eden swallowed a glass stone.
It was a horribly long day. I spent about 4 hours in the car and ended at the exact place I started!

My allergies are still bothering me, though I’m mostly over them. I’ve tried to enjoy a wonderful General Conference weekend, but I found that I wished Jon would take the girls away or that I could lock them in their room so I could pay attention to the speakers.
I’ve been stressed and Lilah seems to push all my buttons all the time lately.
Luckily I did get a little out of today’s sessions.
I’ve also started making our bedroom drapes, well yesterday I started. I hope to have them done by the end of the week. Yay!

One Response to “Whoever said TGIF didn’t have allergies on my Friday.”

  1. andrea Says:

    I spent 4 hours traveling in a car yesterday, my start point was West Jordan, UT, and I ended up in Ely, NV, and I would have to say that I would have been happier driving around in traffic all day rather than making that trip. Ironically, I live in suc a small place that I don’t think it’s physically possible to spend that much time in a car running errands in town.